Tuesday, September 16, 2008


Just wanted to add a picture that didn't make it in, although it should have.   This is a picture of Jacob pulling in a Red Salmon, also known as a Sockeye Salmon.   He is using my fly rod to full in the fish.  He did a great job and is learning the importance of keeping the rod bent.   Not long after this picture was taken Jacob was fishing from the bank while I was in the river fishing.   He yelled at me saying "Dad Bear!!"   I turned around and there was a Grisly bear standing about 15 feet away from Jacob.  He did a great job and didn't get scared at all.  I of course scared the bear away and he left with no harm done.   I suspect he wanted to partake of hard work, but we wouldn't have anything to do with that.   For this very reason we fish with guns in Alaska.   Hopefully we will never have to use it.  We don't tempt fate though.   One of these days we will learn how to put a slide show on the blog so that more pictures can be seen.   

1 comment:

Nicky said...

Hey Gator...This is your cousin Nicky. I found your blog through one of your siblings. Congrats on the new baby!!! my blog is thedoerrlife.blogspot.com